15. Wash your face- Taking care of your skin is crucial in looking good without any makeup products. Your skin routine is a significant factor in how your skin will look. Be sure to find a good facial wash that is gentle on the surface and use twice a day, once in the morning and again at night before you go to bed.
At first, it might seem like a good idea to wash your face more than twice a day, doing so can actually over-dry your skin.
It can make it irritable, making it look worse. Depending on your skin, you need to pick a cleanser that best suits you, a foaming or gel cleanser is excellent for oily skin, and a cream cleanser is perfect for dry skin.
However, steer clear of bar soaps because they’re just too drying. Lastly, the most important step is to wash your hands before you wash your face. Even though this may sound like common sense, many people often skip this step.
14. Exfoliate your skin- Exfoliating your skin is a wonderful way to remove dead skin cells on your skin. It can help your face by making it look radiant and fresh and can create a natural, healthy glow which is a bonus if you’re going makeup free.
Exfoliating can also help reduce acne because the process allows the pores to open up so your skin can breathe properly.
For sensitive skin, you can use a soft washcloth and gently scrub your face. Find a skin wash that responds well with your skin and gently rub the washcloth on your face in slow circular motions.
Now don’t forget to watch out for over exfoliating! Doing so can lead to pigmentation issues, sensitivity and irritation.
13. Use moisturizer on a daily basis- After you wash your face, you should follow up by applying a light coat of facial moisturizer.
It boosts hydration in your skin and prevents dullness and flaking. Plus it also produces a protective layer of moisture that lasts all day long, making your skin bright and glowing.
If you have sensitive skin, select a product that is scent free and gentle. If you are susceptible to pimples, opt for a product that is non oily and light. For those with drier skin types, choose a heavier moisturizer that contains nourishing and soothing ingredients like aloe vera and shea butter.
These natural ingredients have beneficial properties and boost collagen in the skin.
12. Wear sunscreen- Since your face and skin are exposed to the sun on an everyday basis. It is fundamental to wear sunscreen every day, whether it’s windy, cloudy or snowy UVA rays can still break down your skin.
Especially if you’re not wearing makeup, your bare skin can get sunburnt which can lead to peeling. The sun’s harsh rays can make your skin age early which can lead to sunspots as we age.
Protect your skin from sun damage by using an SPF product that is 30 or higher. You can also choose a sunscreen that doubles as a moisturizer which saves you time and money.
11. Use Toner- Toner is a skin care item that is often an overlooked step, but when used correctly, it can work magic on your skin! Not only does it help improve your skin, but toner rebuilds your skin’s natural ph balance. Go for a toner that is alcohol-free because they help even out skin tone and are less drying.
For example, toners for acne prone or oily skin can tighten pores and vanish extra oil trapped in the body. Toners for dry skin can hold in moisture and ease irritation. Use a toner after cleansing and before you
moisturize for the best results.
10. Exercise- Get your body moving and blood pumping, because practice drives blood to the surface of the skin which enhances your skin cells. Not only will you start feeling fit but exercise is a great way to feel beautiful inside and out. Breaking a sweat dilates our pores and expels trapped oil and dirt.
Exercise also gives us a greater sense of self-worth when it comes to our physical health and boosts our self-esteem. It also adds to confidence by lowering our stress and anxiety leading to better immunity and more sleep. Plus when you look good on the outside when you feel good as well.
9. Drink water- Numerous models, beauty gurus, and health experts recommend that you should drink water to keep your skin vibrant and
bright. It is crucial to replenish the lost water in our body to maintains our soft and supple skin.
Not only does water flush out the body toxins but it keeps our body functional. Drinking eight to ten glasses of water a day helps us stay hydrated.
How would you feel if you were dry as a desert? Your lips would probably be dry, cracked and bleeding due to the moisture loss. Try cutting down on sugary or carbonated drinks, even though these beverages do contain water they still have other ingredients that aren’t
good for us.
8. Eat healthy to look healthy- You are what you eat right? Then what better way to look healthy and beautiful Then with some healthy eating. Of course, if you’ve been snacking on pizza, potato chips, ice cream and soda, you might feel sluggish and slow. Eating processed food is a sure way to make our bodies look tired and old.
We tend to conceal our bad skin with makeup foundation and concealer, but if you’re going barefaced, then you have nowhere to run.
So trade in that comfort food for some fruits and vegetables to give yourself a better complexion. Yellow and orange food like bananas, mangoes, carrots, and squash contain vitamins that are great for your skin and eyesight.
Red foods like apples, cranberries, and cherries help boost your immune system and fight against cancer. Lastly, leafy greens like broccoli, cucumbers, spinach, and kale fight off disease and regenerate body cells.
7. Plump up your lips- Keep your lips kissable and plump the old fashioned way through exfoliation making your own scrub. In fact, some lipsticks can leave your lips feeling dry and chapped. But there’s a simple solution by ditching the lip products and go all natural. Make an exfoliating scrub using brown sugar and olive oil.
Mix it well to make a paste, and you can either use a toothbrush or your hands to brush off the dead cells on your lips. Afterward, apply a generous amount of lip balm to lock in the moisture and keep your lips hydrated. 6. Have well-groomed eyebrows- Having well-defined eyebrows can bring a lot of attention to your eyes and can really shape your face.
By regularly plucking those pesky stray hairs, your eyebrows can help frame your eyes and highlight your facial features without having to turn to makeup. There are several ways to get well-groomed eyebrows.
Whether it’s waxing or threading, these methods are sure to keep your eyebrows at bay. Even if you don’t know how to do them yourself, you can always go to a professional who is experienced and will know which brow shape is the best for you and will teach you how to maintain them.
5. Enhance your eyelashes- Long and thick eyelashes can help bring out your feminine side, and the best part is that you don’t need mascara to get this look.
All you need to do is purchase an eyelash curler. Plus there are natural ways to get longer eyelashes like putting some vitamin E oil or vaseline on a comb and applying it on your eyelashes. You can also add some aloe vera to promote growth and keep your lashes moisturized. You can also try gently massaging your eyelids as it helps circulate blood flow to the hair follicles. This technique also prevents breakage and thinning of your lashes too.
4. Tend to dental hygiene- Taking care of your teeth is essential because smiling is the easiest way to brighten up your face! A simple smile can bring out your inner and outer beauty so taking care of pearly whites a must! Keeping up with dental regimen is easy by
brushing your teeth at least twice a day. Use a toothpaste containing fluoride and calcium to fortify your teeth.
Don’t forget to floss in between your teeth to remove any food and to prevent plaque buildup. Always replace your toothbrush every three months to prevent germs and regularly visit your dentist at least twice a year.
To create a whiter smile, you can use baking soda to brighten up your teeth and make a paste. Let it works wonder by leaving it on for at least a minute or two before rinsing or brushing off.
3. Take care of your hair- A girl’s hair is her crowning glory. Whether it’s long or short, there is so much you can do with your hair that can draw all the right attention.
You can color it, curl, straighten, braid it or even add a hair band or a bowtie make it pop. So with all the various things we do with our hair, means we should do well to take care of our locks. First finding the right hair products will help nurture your hair.
Choose a shampoo and conditioner that have minerals and vitamins to fortify your locks. Avoid using harsh products on your hair. If you straighten your hair or use a curling iron, don’t forget to prevent any heat damage.
Spray your hair with a heat protectant if you can. Also don’t forget to wash out any hair gel, mousse or hairspray before sleep, because they can cause pimples. Don’t be scared to try out a new haircut as well, if you want to go with bold hair color, then go for it!
2. Dress accordingly-Dressing up is fun, and it’s another way to look beautiful without wearing makeup. Now, this doesn’t mean you have to splurge on new clothes or buy pricey name brand clothes. All you need to do is to wear clothes that compliment your frame! Stay away from oversized clothing because baggy clothes can make you look bigger than you actually are.
Avoid going a size, or two smaller as well to give yourself some room to breathe so you can fit into a general size. Don’t be afraid to add in your style as well to let your personality shine! Create your own style by matching and mixing different clothes. Wear what makes you comfortable and don’t let anyone say otherwise! The bottom line is, wear your clothes, don’t let them wear you.
1. Be confident- Confidence is beautiful! It’s far beyond skin deep, and makeup is nowhere on its level! Self-acceptance and inner strength are the number one tools to help you build yourself up to feel beautiful inside and out.
Many girls are critical of themselves, but learning how to embrace yourself and who you are, can go a long way. By accepting yourself and loving yourself can give you a positive mindset to be confident.
Remember that real beauty comes from within, so stop thinking that you need makeup to showcase your true beauty. Stand up tall, with your chin up and smile. Makeup can only do so much, and it’s simple just a small tool to highlight what you have because your natural beauty has been there
the whole time.